Canada – Shopper’s Voice 2016 Baking Research Contest Rules (the “Contest”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS WHO HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE PROVINCE IN WHICH THEY RESIDE BY THE TIME OF ENTRY.
- Eligibility: Open only to permanent legal residents of Canada who are the age of majority in the Provence in which they reside and are the original recipient of the Shopper’s Voice survey from Shopper’s Voice. Employees of Sponsor (defined below), its parent organization, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, Contest judges and agents/representatives thereof, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, grandparents, children and siblings and their respective spouses) and persons living in the same households of such individuals, or with whom such individuals are domiciled, whether related or not are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
- Contest Period: Contest Period begins March 8, 2016 at Midnight (ET) and ends on March 20, 2016 at 11:59:59 PM (ET).
- How to Enter: Entrants must have internet access and a valid email address to participate in the contest. During the Contest Period, click on the link in the email invitation received to participate in Sponsor’s online survey. Answer all survey questions presented to complete the survey. Your survey must be completed during the Contest Period to receive your entry for a chance to win. Any other form of entry will not be valid. Limit: One entry per person, per household, and per email address.
- Using form filling software or other automated means to answer the survey questions is prohibited and may disqualify an entrant’s entry into the Contest. The Sponsor’s computer is the Official Time Keeping device for determining the eligibility of all entries. Mass entries will not be accepted.
- Sponsor: Sponsor is ICOM Information & Communications L.P. a/k/a Shopper’s Voice, 111 Gordon Baker Road, 3rd Floor, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M2H 3R1.
- Prizes/Odds/Prize Restrictions: Three (3) winners will each receive one (1) gift basket containing baking supplies with an approximate retail value of Canadian $50 (total value of all prizes is Canadian $150.00). Prizes are not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash except as otherwise provided herein and must be accepted as awarded. No substitution shall be permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection: Answers to the online survey have no effect on an entrant’s ability to participate or win. A random drawing for the prize will be held at the offices of the Sponsor on or about March 28, 2016 in Toronto, ON, from among all eligible entries received. Limit: One (1) prize per person/household/email address.
- The potential winner will be notified by email and/or postal mail or courier, and will be required to correctly answer an unaided, time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question and complete and return, within the specified time, a declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if a potential winner cannot be contacted, if required documents are not returned and received by the Sponsor within the time specified in the notification, if the mathematical skill-testing question is answered incorrectly, or if a potential winner declines the prize or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified, and the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner by random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants. Prizes will be delivered to the confirmed winner by the Sponsor within 30 days from winner verification and compliance with all documentation requirements.
- Publicity: Sponsor reserves the right to use the name, city of residence, province/territory, comments, likeness and/or photographs of the winner without further notice or compensation, in any advertising and publicity in relation to the Contest.
- General: This Contest shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and Amazon and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees, and assigns, and sponsors, advertisers, partners and agencies from, and against, any claim or cause of action arising out of his/her participation in the Contest, or receipt or use of any prize. Entrants agree that all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. For Residents of Quebec Only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, falsified or destroyed entries and all such entries are void. Sponsor will not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions or other liability, or injury or damage to person(s) or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an entrant’s participation in the Contest. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage, interfere with, or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these full Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Under no circumstances will more prizes than those set forth in these full Official Rules be awarded. If a printing, technical or any other error occurs that results in more potential winners than available prizes, Sponsor may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible potential prize winners to award the indicated number of prizes in dispute. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of being conducted as planned; or if the Contest becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper execution of entry collection, prize drawing and/or processing of entries in accordance with these full Official Rules for any reason; or, if tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, odds of winning, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or subject, in Quebec, to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and conduct a random drawing from all non-suspect eligible entries received prior to termination to select a potential winner. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the registered Shopper’s Voice member associated with the e-mail address to whom the invitation is sent.
- Winners’ List: Upon final winner verification, a list of winners will be available at https://www.shoppersvoice.ca/winners.