SHOPPER’S VOICE 2020 “SPRING BREAK" CONTEST RULES (the “Contest")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
- Eligibility: Open only to Canadian residents who are at least 18 years of age and are located within Canada when they enter. Employees of Sponsor (defined below), its parent organization, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, Contest judges and agents/representatives thereof, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, grandparents, children and siblings and their respective spouses) and persons living in the same households of such individuals, or with whom such individuals are domiciled, whether related or not, are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
- Contest Period: The Contest Period begins March 16, 2020, at 12:00 AM (ET) and ends on March 31, 2020, at 11:59 PM (ET).
- How to Enter: Entrants must have Internet access, a valid email address and be a Shopper’s Voice member to participate in the Contest. During the Contest Period, entrants can click on the link contained in the email you received from Shopper’s Voice inviting you to participate in the Contest. Each entrant must complete the online poll and correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, and click Submit, in order to be entered into the Contest. Entrants will be entered into the drawing for one of ten (10) Prizes of CAN$25 Amazon.ca Gift Card*. Limit: One (1) entry per person, per household, per email address during the Contest Period. *Restrictions apply, see amazon.ca/gc-legal.
Each entrant may only use one (1) email address to participate in this Contest, and such email address may only be used by one (1) individual, regardless of whether the email address is shared by two or more people. Any entrant who uses more than one (1) email address to participate in this Contest may be disqualified and any prize won may be forfeited, subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address provided at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for determining the eligibility of all entries. Mass entries will not be accepted.
- Sponsor: The Contest Sponsor is ICOM Information & Communications L.P. a/k/a Shopper’s Voice, 111 Gordon Baker Road, Suite 300, Toronto, Ontario, M2H 3R1, Canada.
- Prizes / Odds / Prize Restrictions: Ten (10) Prize winners will each receive a CAN$25 Amazon.ca Gift Card*. Total value of all prizes is CAN$250. Prizes are not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash except as otherwise provided herein and must be accepted as awarded. No substitution shall be permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer and will not be replaced by Sponsor if lost or stolen. Odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. *Restrictions apply, see amazon.ca/gc-legal.
- Winner Selection: Answers to the online poll have no effect on an entrant’s ability to participate or win. A random drawing for the Prizes will take place at the offices of the Sponsor in Toronto, ON, on or about April 24, 2020, from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Limit: One (1) Prize per person / household / email address. Potential winners will be notified by email only. If any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if a potential winner cannot be contacted, or if a potential winner declines the prize or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified, and the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner by random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants. Prizes will be delivered to confirmed winners by the Sponsor within 4-6 weeks of winner verification.
- Publicity: Sponsor reserves the right to use the name, city of residence, province/territory, comments, likeness and/or photographs of the winners without further notice or compensation, in any advertising and publicity in relation to the Contest.
- General: This Contest shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and each of its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees and assigns, and sponsors, advertisers, partners and agencies from, and against, any claim or cause of action arising out of his/her participation in the Contest, or receipt or use of any prize. Entrants agree that all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. For Residents of Quebec Only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, falsified or destroyed entries, and all such entries are void. Sponsor will not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions or other liability or injury or damage to person(s) or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by an entrant’s participation in the Contest. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage, interfere with or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these full Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Under no circumstances will more prizes than those set forth in these full Official Rules be awarded. If a printing, technical or any other error occurs that results in more potential winners than available prizes, Sponsor may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible potential prize winners to award the indicated number of prizes in dispute. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. If, for any reason, the Contest is not able to be conducted as planned; or if the Contest is corrupted or does not allow the proper execution of entry collection, prize drawing and/or processing of entries in accordance with these full Official Rules for any reason; or if tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures or any other causes, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, odds of winning, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or subject, in Quebec, to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and conduct a random drawing from all non-suspect eligible entries received prior to termination to select a potential winner.
- Winners’ List: The names of the winners will be posted on the Shopper’s Voice website once the winners have been finally determined. A paper copy of the winners’ list may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope by December 31, 2020, to: Shopper’s Voice 2020 “Spring Break” Contest Winners, 111 Gordon Baker Road, Suite 300, Toronto, Ontario, M2H 3R1 Canada.