SHOPPER’S VOICE 2018 “SPEAK UP TO WIN™" CONTEST RULES (the “Contest")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS WHO ARE AT LEAST 19 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
- Eligibility: Open only to Canadian residents who are at least 19 years of age and are located within Canada when they enter. Employees of Sponsor (defined below), its parent organization, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, Contest judges and agents/representatives thereof, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, grandparents, children and siblings and their respective spouses) and persons living in the same households of such individuals, or with whom such individuals are domiciled, whether related or not, are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
- Contest Period: The Contest Period begins January 2, 2018, at 12:00 PM (ET) and ends on December 31, 2018, at 11:59 PM (ET).
Monthly Entry Periods
|Entry Period||Entry Period Start Dates||Entry Period End Dates|
|1||12:00 PM (ET) January 2, 2018||11:59 PM (ET) January 31, 2018|
|2||12:00 AM (ET) February 1, 2018||11:59 PM (ET) February 28, 2018|
|3||12:00 AM (ET) March 1, 2018||11:59 PM (ET) March 31, 2018|
|4||12:00 AM (ET) April 1, 2018||11:59 PM (ET) April 30, 2018|
|5||12:00 AM (ET) May 1, 2018||11:59 PM (ET) May 31, 2018|
|6||12:00 AM (ET) June 1, 2018||11:59 PM (ET) June 30, 2018|
|7||12:00 AM (ET) July 1, 2018||11:59 PM (ET) July 31, 2018|
|8||12:00 AM (ET) August 1, 2018||11:59 PM (ET) August 31, 2018|
|9||12:00 AM (ET) September 1, 2018||11:59 PM (ET) September 30, 2018|
|10||12:00 AM (ET) October 1, 2018||11:59 PM (ET) October 31, 2018|
|11||12:00 AM (ET) November 1, 2018||11:59 PM (ET) November 30, 2018|
|12||12:00 AM (ET) December 1, 2018||11:59 PM (ET) December 31, 2018|
- Sponsor: The Contest Sponsor is ICOM Information & Communications L.P. a/k/a Shopper’s Voice, 111 Gordon Baker Road, Suite 300, Toronto, Ontario, M2H 3R1, Canada.
- Prizes / Odds / Prize Restrictions: Twelve (12) Monthly Prize winners will each receive CAN$1,500 awarded as a cheque made payable to the winner. Total value of all prizes is CAN$18,000. Prizes are not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash except as otherwise provided herein and must be accepted as awarded. No substitution shall be permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer and will not be replaced by Sponsor if lost or stolen. Odds of winning a Monthly Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the corresponding Monthly Entry Period.
- Winner Selection: Answers to the online survey have no effect on an entrant’s ability to participate or win. A random drawing for each Monthly Prize will take place at the offices of the Sponsor in Toronto, ON, on or about the fifteenth business day following the end of each Monthly Entry Period, from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Monthly Entry Period. Entries from each Monthly Entry Period will NOT be carried over into subsequent Monthly Entry Periods. Limit: One (1) Monthly Prize per person / household / email address. Potential winners will be notified by email only, and will be required to correctly answer an unaided, time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question and complete and return, within the specified time, a declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if a potential winner cannot be contacted, if required documents are not returned and received by the Sponsor within the time specified in the notification, if the mathematical skill-testing question is answered incorrectly, or if a potential winner declines the prize or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified, and the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner by random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants. Prizes will be delivered to confirmed winners by the Sponsor within 4-6 weeks of winner verification and compliance with all documentation requirements.
- Publicity: Sponsor reserves the right to use the name, city of residence, province/territory, comments, likeness and/or photographs of the winners without further notice or compensation, in any advertising and publicity in relation to the Contest.
- General: This Contest shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and each of its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees and assigns, and sponsors, advertisers, partners and agencies from, and against, any claim or cause of action arising out of his/her participation in the Contest, or receipt or use of any prize. Entrants agree that all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. For Residents of Quebec Only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, falsified or destroyed entries, and all such entries are void. Sponsor will not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions or other liability or injury or damage to person(s) or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by an entrant’s participation in the Contest. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage, interfere with or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these full Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Under no circumstances will more prizes than those set forth in these full Official Rules be awarded. If a printing, technical or any other error occurs that results in more potential winners than available prizes, Sponsor may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible potential prize winners to award the indicated number of prizes in dispute. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. If, for any reason, the Contest is not able to be conducted as planned; or if the Contest is corrupted or does not allow the proper execution of entry collection, prize drawing and/or processing of entries in accordance with these full Official Rules for any reason; or if tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures or any other causes, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, odds of winning, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or subject, in Quebec, to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and conduct a random drawing from all non-suspect eligible entries received prior to termination to select a potential winner.
- Winners’ List: The names of the winners will be posted on the Shopper’s Voice website once the winners have been finally determined. A paper copy of the winners’ list may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope by December 31, 2019 to: Shopper’s Voice 2018 “Speak Up to Win!™” Contest Winners, 111 Gordon Baker Road, Suite 300, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M2H 3R1.