OFFICIAL RULES AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES IS FOR PLAY ONLY IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND WASHINGTON, D.C. IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED WITHIN THE UNITED STATES (AS DEFINED HEREIN), YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes Period begins October 30, 2013 at 12:00:00 p.m. ET (NOON) and ends on November 11, 2013 at 12:00:00 p.m. ET (NOON).
2. Consumer Disclosure: You have not yet won. Many may enter, few will win.
3. Sponsor: ICOM Information & Communications L.P. a/k/a Shopper s Voice, 111 Gordon Baker Road, 3rd Floor, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M2H 3R1.
4. How to Enter: One entry per person, per household, per email, during the Sweepstake Period. You are only eligible to enter this Sweepstakes during your Entry Period (as defined below). If more than one entry into the Drawing is received from the same person or from the same e-mail address, all entries submitted from said person or from the same e-mail address may be disqualified, in Sponsor s sole discretion. You may enter the Sweepstakes using only the following method:
Online Entry: Access your email invitation that you received from Shopper s Voice and click on the link in the invitation. This will take you to the survey. Answer all of the survey questions presented to you and submit the survey. You will then be entered into the Sweepstakes. Entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address at the time the email is sent. Your Online entry must be received by Sponsor s designated computer during the Entry Period below. FAILURE TO ANSWER ALL OF THE QUESTIONS PRESENTED TO YOU AND TO SUBMIT THE SURVEY WILL EXCLUDE YOU FROM ENTRY INTO THE DRAWING.
Entry Period Start Date:
Entry Period End Date:
October 30, 2013 at 12:00:00 p.m. ET (NOON)
November 11, 2013 at 12:00:00 p.m. ET (NOON)
December 30, 2013
5. Drawing: A random Drawing will be conducted after the Sweepstakes Period has ended on the Drawing date set forth above to determine the Winner. There will be only be one (1) Winner selected from eligible entries. There will be one Drawing. Drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor whose decisions on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal. Answers to the survey have no effect on your ability to participate and win.
6. Prizes / ARV/ Odds / Prize Restrictions: One (1) winner will receive one (1) $250.00 Gift Card. (Total value of all Prizes is $250.00.) Odds of winning the Prize depend on number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. All prizes will be awarded and delivered via email (to the email address to which the invitation to take the survey was sent), mail or courier (to the address provided on the entry form or affidavit of eligibility) within 30 days of Sponsor s receipt of Required Documents (listed in Section 6 herein) and determination that the potential winner is eligible and in compliance with these Official Rules. Prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as-is. No prize substitution or cash equivalent allowed except by the Sponsor who reserves right to award a prize of equal or greater value should a prize become unavailable. Limit one prize per person. Potential winners will be notified by email at the email address at which they received the invitation to take the survey. Potential winners will be required to complete and return, within 14 days of the date listed on the prize notification, an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release (collectively, Required Documents ). Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address of entrants. If a) prize notification is returned as undeliverable, b) Required Documents are not returned within the allowed time period, or c) potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, potential winner will forfeit all rights to the Prize and be disqualified, and the Prize will be awarded to an alternate winner by random drawing from remaining eligible entries from the corresponding Group. Winner is responsible for payment of any taxes on prize.
7. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to named recipients of an email announcing the Sweepstakes and inviting them to take the survey who are legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C., eighteen (18) years of age and older as of the date of entry. Persons who during any portion of the Sweepstakes Period are employees of Sponsor, its parent organization, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion agencies, Sweepstakes Administrator, persons engaged in the development, production or (with the exception of US Postal Service employees) distribution of Sweepstakes materials, and agents/representatives thereof, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, grandparents, children and siblings and their spouses) and persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter.
8. Conditions of Participation: Void where prohibited. By participating, you agree to and acknowledge the following: You are bound by and have complied with these Official Rules, and the decisions of the Sponsor, Sweepstakes Administrator and their agents and designees in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, which are final in all respects. Sponsor s designated computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes. Sponsor, Sweepstakes Administrator, prize providers, promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, shareholders, representatives and agents (collectively, Released Parties) will have no liability whatsoever for any injury, losses, harm, damages (whether actual or consequential), costs and/or expenses arising from or in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes, its administration, or the awarding, receipt, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof, including, without limitation, any personal injury or death. The Released Parties have made no warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or any portion thereof. Even if abbreviated Official Rules or Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are available, you will rely solely on these complete Official Rules. No more than the number of prizes stated herein will be awarded. Your entry and your survey data become the property of Sponsor when submitted. Entries and survey data will not be returned. If you are a Winner, your acceptance of any prize will constitute your consent (and agreement to confirm that consent in writing) to the use of your name, picture/likeness (recorded via any media), and city and state of residence for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide in any and all media now existing or hereafter created, and without limitation, prior approval or further compensation (unless prohibited by law), and to the use of your name, and city and state of residence for purposes of providing a list of winners to the public on request and as required by law. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in its entirety or in part if, for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to printing error, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any cause beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; and, in such event, will post a notice thereof on the Sponsor s website www.shoppers-voice.com/mysurvey and select the potential winners from the entries legitimately received prior to such action. Any attempt by any individual, whether or not a Sweepstakes entrant, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal or civil laws; should such an attempt be made, in addition to disqualifying such individual, Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute such individual to the full extent of the law. Proofs of mailing, in person submission, or online submission are not considered proof of delivery or receipt. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified.
9. Disclaimer: By participating you agree that Released Parties are not responsible for: a) any printing, human or other error in the offer, promotion or administration of this Sweepstakes; b) theft, destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of survey or Sweepstakes entry materials; c) technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone/communications failures of any kind, lost, unavailable or congested network, Internet or website connections, or failed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, garbled, or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by sender, a third party, or by any of the equipment or programming associated or utilized with the Sweepstakes, which may limit the ability to enter, participate in or administer this Sweepstakes; d) electronic transmissions/entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected or not received by the Sponsor or its agents for any reason; e) late, lost, misdirected, damaged, or mutilated mail; f) injury or damage of any kind to any person s computer arising out of accessing and using any website or the downloading from or printing of any material from a website; g) unintelligible, illegible or otherwise unclear entries or incomplete entries or entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; h) or causes beyond Sponsor s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes.
10. Dispute Resolution: By participating you agree: a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Buffalo, New York; b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall such damages include attorney s fees; c) not to seek or be permitted to obtain awards for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses; d) not to claim or accept any damages subject to being multiplied or otherwise increased; and e) all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, and the rights and obligations of Sweepstakes entrants and the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of New York. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. Name Removal: Shopper s Voice maintains a name removal system. If you do not wish Shopper s Voice to mail further skill contest or sweepstakes materials that are addressed to you, you may send a request that Shopper s Voice not mail such materials to you. Mail the request to: Shopper s Voice, P.O. Box 1478, Broomfield, CO 80036.
12. Winners List: For the Winner s name, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Shopper s Voice Home & Vehicle Trends Research Sweepstakes 2013 Winners, P.O. Box 1478, Broomfield, CO 80036. All requests for lists of Winners must be received no later than January 30, 2014 in order for your request to be fulfilled.
14. Trademarks: Any trademarks used in this Sweepstakes are the property of the respective trademark owners and are used for identification purposes only.
15. Sweepstakes Administrator: The Sweepstakes Administrator is ICOM Information & Communications, L.P. a/k/a Shopper s Voice, 111 Gordon Baker Road, 3rd Floor, Toronto, ON M2H 3R1.